Do you ever feel like you need to get out of the house and take a break? Maybe you’ve been working too hard or you’re feeling a little under the weather. Whatever the situation, we have the perfect solution for you: house plants!
Did you know that there is a scientific reason why house plants make you feel better? It’s true! Studies have shown that having plants in your home or office can improve your mood, reduce stress, and even improve your health. So believe it or not, adding plants to your home can make you happier and healthier.
Ready to become a plant parent? Buy house plants at Gardeners Dream now!
In this blog post, we will discuss the many benefits of having plants in your home environment and provide some tips for choosing the right plants for your lifestyle.
Benefits of House Plants
- Clean The Air
One way house plants positively impact your mood and health is through their ability to purify the air. Plants release oxygen, which we need to breathe, and they also filter out harmful pollutants in the air. This means that having house plants can improve indoor air quality, leading to better health and a boost in mood.
- Have A Calming Effect
In addition to improving air quality, house plants have been shown to reduce stress levels and increase feelings of relaxation. This is likely due to their natural beauty and ability to bring a sense of nature indoors. So next time you’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed, try adding some plants in your home or office space for a calming effect.
- Get You Active or Zen
Another benefit of having house plants is that caring for them can actually improve your mental and physical well-being. Taking care of plants can be a form of therapy, providing a sense of responsibility and accomplishment. It can also improve hand-eye coordination and increase the likelihood of getting some exercise, as you may have to water or move your plants around regularly.
Tips to Help You Choose
Now that we’ve discussed the benefits of having house plants, how do you choose the right ones for you?
Here are our 10 tips:
- Consider your level of commitment and time available when it comes to caring for plants
- Think about what type of environment your plant will be in (i.e., sunny windowsill or shaded corner)
- Choose a plant that fits with your aesthetic and complements the style of your home
- Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance at a plant nursery or garden center
- Do some research on the specific care needs of your chosen plants
- Start with plants that are easy to care for, such as succulents or spider plants
- Give your plants enough space to grow and thrive
- Regularly check for pests or diseases and address them quickly
- Remember to water and fertilise your plants as needed
- Enjoy the benefits of having beautiful, green plants in your home!
So next time you’re looking for a way to improve your environment, mood and health, consider adding some house plants to your space. The benefits are endless, and who knows – they may just be the key to happiness. Happy planting!