It’s summer already! The season of pink cocktails, Pina Coladas, and mint mojitos. While we’re on the topic of summer cocktails, We know you want to get into every bit of detail about this classic drink. Such daring Spring Break drinks will definitely get you in the mood.
We understand that a good choice of drinks plays a very important role on such occasions. Especially drinks like the Royal Flush can just be missed. There are many more cool drinks to try at bar ! Ranging from the flavor origins of Royal Flush to the end of its preparation, we have got a whole journey to cover. Let us begin!
Birth Of the drink :
Crown Royal Whiskey is a Canadian Whiskey that was introduced in 1939. It is the most important element in the making of this drink. The Royal Flush drink is a cocktail made with this whiskey, Cranberry juice, and peach schnapps. It tastes sweet but not too much and has the perfect balance of tartness from the cranberry juice. It is a fruity, whiskey-based shot that will keep your game night lit and fun.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||0 Minutes|
|Total Time||5 Minutes|
If you’re curious about the ingredients, head to the next section!
Ingredients Required In The Making Of the drink
- 2½ Oz (ounces) Cranberry juice
- 1½ Oz (ounces) Royal Crown Whiskey
- ¾ Oz (ounce) peach schnapps
- ½ Oz (ounce) Black raspberry liqueur
- Maraschino cherry, to garnish
Don’t be surprised, that’s all you need and you’re good to go. Crown Royal whiskey may not be the best liquor in the market but its versatility overpowers all the other flaws. In order to dilute the potency of the whiskey, it is essential to add fruity elements like cranberry juice, peach schnapps, and black raspberry liqueur.
Let me quench your curiosity, Following are the instructions that you need to follow during prep time of the royal flush recipe:
- Fill a lowball glass with ice. Add the peach schnapps, Crown Royal, cranberry juice, and simple syrup and stir gently to combine.
- Add a splash of soda water if desired. Serve immediately and fresh.
It is recommended to freeze your bottle of whiskey while making this shot. Dropping the temperature of the whiskey is an easy way to avoid any offensive or undesired flavors in the liquor. It is required to use a shaker . Whenever you are working with cold ingredients, it is recommended to use a grinder. Garnish your shot after the last step.
Tricks To Serve A Royal Flush Drink Perfectly
After using a shaker to mix your ingredients, the drink will be pale pink when poured. If you are making this drink on a casual occasion, have a bowl on the side with cherries. It’s a fun way to elevate the whole experience of taking the shot! Besides the basics, here are some bonus tips to serve it right:
- A unique whiskey glass is the best option, as the glass’s curvature holds in the whiskey’s vapors and aromas. If you don’t have a whiskey glass, any short glass will do. Avoid using mugs as they can alter the taste of the drink.
- Royal flush drink should be supped tenderly so that you can feel all the flavors, so you don’t need much. Pour about two 2 ounces (59 ml) of the royal flush cocktail into the glass.
- Roll the royal crown cocktail into your mouth and see what flavors you can taste. Do not chug it.
- Put your bottle in the freezer for several hours or serve the Royal flush on ice. Serving it cold softens the initial impact and opens up various shades of flavor.
If you’re not fond of whiskey that much, you can still give this a try. You might end up loving it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can Crown Royal be taken as a shot?
The popular and similar Crown Royal-based drink is called the royal flush, as we all know. While it’s often served on the rocks, you can also serve it as a shot. Some of the best crown royal shooters are-
- Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey
- Apple Schnapps
- Cranberry juice
Q2. which is the healthiest Royal flush drink ingredients ?
The healthiest Royal flush drink ingredients are made with premium quality fruit and vegetables.