The White Gummy Bear Shot is more than just a drink; it’s a delightful trip down memory lane. Remember those chewy white gummy bears from your childhood candy mix? Now, imagine that flavor transformed into a refreshing adult beverage perfect for celebrations, be it bachelorettes, holidays, or just a fun weekend with friends. If you’ve ever enjoyed the Green Tea Shot or the Classic Whiskey Sour Recipe, you’ll find this shot to be a delightful addition to your cocktail repertoire.
What is a White Gummy Bear Shot?
A White Gummy Bear Shot is a cocktail inspired by the classic white gummy bear candy. It captures the essence of the candy’s tart pineapple flavor and combines it with a mix of alcohol to create a drink that’s both nostalgic and exhilarating. It’s a different experience from the Buttery Nipple Shot, but equally memorable.
Taste Profile of the White Gummy Bear Shot
At its core, the White Gummy Bear Shot tastes uncannily like the candy it’s named after. The shot is a harmonious blend of raspberry, peach, and citrus flavors, reminiscent of the tart pineapple flavor of white gummy bears. It’s a sweet, fruity concoction that promises a burst of flavor with every sip.
What alcohol is best for Gummy Bears?
When it comes to infusing gummy bears with alcohol, vodka is the most popular choice due to its neutral flavor, which allows the candy’s sweetness to shine through. However, other spirits can also be used to create unique flavor profiles. Rum, especially white rum, complements the sugary taste of gummy bears, while tequila can add a zesty kick. For a fruitier twist, flavored vodkas or fruit liqueurs, such as peach schnapps or raspberry liqueur, can be used.
- Raspberry Vodka: 1 ounce (30 ml)
- Peach Schnapps: 1 ounce (30 ml)
- Sweet and Sour Mix: 1/2 ounce (15 ml)
- Lemon Lime Soda: 1/2 ounce (15 ml)
- White Gummy Bears: For garnish
- Raspberry Vodka: The primary spirit that gives the shot its robust flavor.
- Peach Schnapps: Adds a fruity depth and sweetness to the mix.
- Sweet & Sour Mix: Balances out the sweetness with a tangy kick.
- Lemon-Lime Soda: Introduces a fizzy texture and enhances the citrus notes.
- Optional: A splash of Pineapple Juice for those who want an intensified gummy bear flavor.
- Garnish: A couple of White Gummy Bears, not just for aesthetics but also for a chewy treat post-shot.
Tools Needed To Make This Shot
- Cocktail Shaker
- Shot Glasses
- Strainer (if there isn’t one on your shaker)
- Cocktail Picks to make the garnish.
How To Make White Gummy Shot
- In a cocktail shaker, combine raspberry vodka, peach schnapps, sweet and sour mix, and lemon-lime soda. If you’re opting for the pineapple juice, add it in.
- Fill the shaker with ice and give it a vigorous shake for about 10-15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into shot glasses.
- Garnish each shot with a white gummy bear and serve immediately.
- Homemade sweet and sour mix: Instead of purchasing sweet and sour mix from the grocery store, make your own.
- Gummy Worm Shot: Instead, serve with gummy worms.
- Sugar rim: To get a sugared rim, dip each shot glass, mixing glass, or martini glass into a tiny plate of sugar.
- Add a little simple syrup: You can adjust the sweetness of the drink by mixing in a small amount of simple syrup with the other ingredients in the shaker.
- Switch up the alcohol: Replace the peach schnapps and raspberry vodka with peach schnapps and peach vodka, respectively.
- Pineapple flavor: Instead of using the sweet and sour combo, use pineapple juice.
- Shot cups: The cleanup is considerably simpler if shot cups are used instead because they can be thrown away.
Variations to Try
- White Gummy Bear Cocktail: Elevate the shot to a cocktail by adding either cranberry or pineapple juice. Serve in a tall glass with ice and garnished gummy bears.
- White Gummy Bear Martini: Combine raspberry vodka, peach schnapps, and sweet and sour mix in a shaker. Strain into a martini glass for a classy twist.
- Jello Shot Version: Create a fun party treat using raspberry-flavored gelatin mix, vodka, peach schnapps, and sweet and sour mix. Let it set in the fridge and enjoy gummy bear-flavored jello shots!
- Boozy Bears: Soak gummy bears in vodka for a fun, boozy treat. They’re perfect as garnishes or standalone snacks.
When To Serve The Gummy Bear Shot
- Game day
- Bachelorette Parties
- Happy hour drink at a friend’s house
- New Year’s Eve
- As an after-dinner drink
- Girls’ or guys’ night drink
- Cocktail hour drink
Substitutions for Flexibility
If you’re out of the sweet and sour mix, you can whip up your own using equal parts lemon, lime, and simple syrup. And in the absence of peach schnapps, triple sec serves as a great alternative. For a non-alcoholic version, combine peach juice, lemon juice, sweet and sour mix, and either raspberry or cranberry juice.
Frequently asked questions
Q1: Can I make a non-alcoholic version of the White Gummy Bear Shot?
Ans: Absolutely! For a non-alcoholic version, you can replace the raspberry vodka with raspberry juice or soda and use peach nectar in place of peach schnapps. Combine these with a non-alcoholic sweet and sour mix and lemon-lime soda to recreate the flavors of the shot without the alcohol. Garnish with a white gummy bear for that authentic touch!
Q2: I don’t have peach schnapps. Is there a substitute I can use for the White Gummy Bear Shot?
Ans: Yes, if you don’t have peach schnapps on hand, you can use triple sec as a substitute. While it won’t give the exact peachy flavor, triple sec will add a citrusy note that complements the other ingredients in the shot. Alternatively, you can also use peach liqueur or peach syrup to retain the peach flavor.
The White Gummy Bear Shot is more than just a drink; it’s an experience. It’s where childhood memories meet adult indulgences. Whether you’re reliving old memories or creating new ones, this shot ensures every moment is unforgettable.